Friday, March 1, 2013

I Made This!

Photo A Day
March 2, 2013
I Made This!
I wake up early just to take a photo of something I made for the second day of my Photo A Challenge. Actually, I made this blog, Fely N Stitch, so that I can show you my sewing projects.

I made this biased purple dress using the sewing machine of my mother-in-law. The year after, I bought my own Singer sewing machine. Having my own equipment, I have more time making costumes for my friends. We participated in the Pinoy Otaku Encore 2011 held at SM Mega Trade Hall last November 26, 2011.


I was inspired by this Red Hot dress Tom  and Linda Platt that was featured in the December 2010 issue of Vogue Patterns. So, I made one for myself using one and a half meter purple silk satin which I bought for only P 180.00 at Gaisano, Market! Market. Making this project was so easy! I just cut the fabric into two bias and connected to each other without notions needed. In order to achieve a smooth finish, I asked someone in the tailoring shop to sew the edges using a zigzig machine which I paid P 40.00 for the service. I only spent two hours finishing this project! 



Me in my purple dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment